The bout will occur at a catch weight of 195 pounds in the main event.
The first-ever STRIKEFORCE event scheduled for mid-week will take place in the midst of the E3 Expo, a trade show for computer and video games. During E3 Expo 2010 at the L.A. Convention Center, EA SPORTS™ will exhibit its highly anticipated title, EA SPORTS MMA, in which STRIKEFORCE is featured as a premier league.
Sobral’s start will be his first since he relinquished his STRIKEFORCE belt to superstar Gegard Mousasi, who stopped the Brazilian fighter one minute into their meeting at San Jose, Calif.’s HP Pavilion on Dec. 19, 2009. Prior to the loss, Sobral had reeled off five consecutive victories.
Sobral, 34, who resides in Orange County, Calif., has faced and defeated some of the sport’s toughest competitors during a 13-year career. On Sept. 6, 2003, he defeated three consecutive opponents – Trevor Prangley, Mauricio Rua and Jeremy Horn – in one night of single-elimination tournament action.
Also slated for action on the card are former WWE champion turned undefeated heavyweight MMA sensation Bobby Lashley (5-0) and lightweight star K.J. Noons (8-2).
• Doors at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE will open for the event at 5:15 p.m.
• The first non-televised preliminary bout will begin at 6 p.m.
• The first main card fight will begin at 8 p.m.
• The event will be televised live on SHOWTIME at 11 p.m.
• Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. May 1 at the Staples Center STAPLES Center box office, all Ticketmaster locations (800) 745-3000, Ticketmaster online (www.ticketmaster.com and STRIKEFORCE’S official website (www.strikeforce.com).
• Tickets will also be sold at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE box office on days when events take place there.